Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Geo Routes mission statement?
Geo Routes cultural exhibitions aim at making the unexplored parts of Greece known, at highlighting its cultural heritage and at contributing to the intercultural dialogue with the local societies.
What the difference between Geo Routes trips with those of travel agents?
- Geo Routes journeys addressed to experienced voyagers fostering enjoying cultural heritage and lifetime experiences;
- Geo Routes constantly highlighting the lesser known parts of Greece;
- Geo Routes voyagers are escorted by experienced staff with access to the locals, the traditions and the legends of each journey;
- Geo Routes groups are not massive; instead the limited number of participants safeguarding team spirit, personal relations and meaningful interaction with locals;
- Geo Routes journeys are basically held in the middle and low season fostering higher economic impact to the local societies.
- Travel agents do not invest in such products due to the need of incremental resources, investments and complexity in operations.
Why Geo Routes is for experienced voyagers?
Because Geo Routes DNA aligns with that of its valuable voyager’s; meaning the experiences, the legends, the myths, the history, the gastronomy, the heritage and the intercultural dialogue should be part of the story.
What is Greece’s off-the beaten track?
Geo Routes journeys mainly focus on the most pure and unspoiled part of Greece. Itineraries are carefully designed to provide balance between rural and urban areas, also sufficient time that you will be able to explore and experience the visited places.
What are the responsibilities of our escorts?
They implement the daily itinerary, the stopovers, the routes and the timetable. They also responsible for Geo Routes voyager’s comfort, safety and security with regards to accommodation, meals, social distancing and onsite visits.
Are modifications allowed to our journeys?
No modifications are permitted in the Geo Routes published itineraries. Changes or modifications are only possible to the Tailor-Made programs that can be customized to voyagers’ special interests.
What are the tailor-made programs?
They are programs that can be modified (partially or completely) to the content, the period, the duration and the services to be provided.
What are the Geo Routes accommodation standards?
- Be primarily Mansions or Boutique Hotels (where available);
- The capacity to not exceed the number of 50 rooms;
- Classification to be 4 or 5 stars (where available);
- To have proven experience and level of hospitality;
- Be eco-friendly and not be chosen for massive tourism;
- Be customer oriented and hold specific health and safety policies;
- Food provided to be of local ingredients & recipes.
What ‘Active’ Voyager means?
During our journeys the “Active Voyager” becomes part of the story. Among other she/he may:
- Film the highlights of the journey
- Capture faces and places of special interest
- Record needs of the local society
- Follow the oral-history as elders can only say
- Provide complimentary ideas for the local societies
Such material maybe disposed to Geo Routes and see it exposed throughout Geo Routes social media and/or Geo Routes Cultural Heritage Festival
Do i have to become an Active Voyager?
Not. It is upon participant’s sole discretion to do so.
What kind of vehicles used at Geo Routes journeys?
- For up to 2 participants a luxurious sedan (inclusive driver and escort)
- For up to 7 participants a luxurious 9 seats mini-van (inclusive driver and escort)
- For up to 15 participants a luxurious 17 seats mini-bus (inclusive driver and escort)
- For more participants a range of luxurious coaches of 36 or 40 or 50 seats (depending on the number of voyagers)
What the terms & conditions of participation at Geo Routes journeys?
Please read the ‘General terms & Conditions’ listed here
What the insurance offered by Geo Routes?
Geo Routes provides general liability insurance which aligns with E.C. directive 90/314. No insurance for personal injuries, health cases, accidents, damages, property losses or repatriation is provided. All participants are prompted holding their own personal insurance.
How can I become member of Geo Routes?
Please refer to the “Membership” here
Geo Routes categories of membership are as following:
- Ordinary Members-Individuals (annual fee applies)
- Ordinary Members-Businesses, Institutions, Organizations (Private or Public sector), NGOs (annual fee applies)
- Volunteering Members
- Honorary Members
Rates published in this website are for private customers (2, 4, 6 paid participants) and for Groups of 30 minimum paid participants. For different number of participants, please contact us.