Nigrita, hiking in Sourpa Mountain (Serres)
2000 years ago, Cleopatra of Egypt might have chosen to resident in Nigrita, about enjoying her daily bath from milk of donkey (world famous for its beneficial effects), getting energy from spirulina super food (full of nutritional proteins), listening to the famous Gerakina song, hiking the trails of Sourpa Mountain to relaxing by the amazing Mountaineering shelter, but mainly because, she would have lived with the most warming and welcoming people. Let us take you around to explore Nigrita at its best!!!
- 09h00am departure to explore and experience the majesty of Nigrita, situated 20 km south of Serres
- You visit a donkey farm, you see the donkeys and you hear why their milk is more expensive than French champagne.
- Later you go to a laboratory producing spirulina and gain knowledge about worlds’ natural superfood and the nutritional values of the product.
- In downtown Nigrita you see the old Tobacco Houses, being for the last two 2 centuries landmark of the town. You also see the Church of St. George and you visit Gerakina Folklore Museum with exhibits from the everyday life of the locals, and see the well just in front of the building which is renowned for the traditional song composed for an unfulfilled love.
- Around noon you ascend uphill Sourpa mountain to the shelter of Nigrita Mountaineering Club (595m).
- Time to relax, feel the majesty of the forest, have the panoramic view to the valleys and try some homemade food especially prepared for you.
- Late afternoon you are hiking a relatively easy path towards Nigrita (1hrs).
- On arrival, your car will pick-you and drive you back to Serres.
NB: in case of bad weather conditions or slippery terrain in Sourpa mountain, that sector of the program will be replaced with other visit in the area of Nigrita.
- Transportation and in-depth visits as per detailed itinerary
- Admission fees as per programme
- 1 hrs trekking on Sourpa mountain
- 1 traditional food-tasting (0,3 LT of housewine inclusive)
- Geo Routes escort
- Geo Routes material
- Liability insurance
- *** excluded: personal expenses, tips, gratuities, anything not explicitly stated above
9 hours cultural–environmental tour
(Tour code: GR031)
- Daily on request, except Saturdays & Sundays
- Bookings close 72 hours prior to departure
- Program does not operate on 6 January, 25 March, 1 May, Orthodox Easter, 28 October, Christmas & New Year periods
- * Serres (Elpida Resort Hotel)
- * Lake Kerkini (Oikoperiigitis )
- Donkey farm
- Laboratory of Spirulina
- Gerakina Folklor Museum
- Church of St. George
- Nigrita Mountain Shelter
For more details:Contact Us!