In the footsteps of Socrates & Acropolis
Tracing back to the beginning of Western civilization, we follow the footsteps of Socrates to reconstruct the most glorious and creative period of Ancient Athens. You see the hill of Pnyx where Athenians were making critical decisions about the city after the speeches of Themistocles and Pericles. It’s not a surprise that Acropolis of Athens has been named a European Cultural Heritage monument (2007) and has been listed as UNESCO World Heritage site on 1987. Your visit to the “Holy Rock” of Acropolis confirms the architectural, economic and political achievements of the Athenian democracy that laid the foundations of the Western civilization.
- 00am meet your guide at the main entrance of Acropolis Museum.
- Your walking experience begins to the southeast of Acropolis where you can see the ancient Theater of Dionysus and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
- At Filopappos Hill you see the place which is believed Socrates has spent the last month of his life and was executed on charges of corrupting the youth of Athens in 399 BC
- Next, you visit the rock of the Pnyx being selected as the seat of the Ecclesia, the general assembly of Athenian citizens. Pnyx official functions began in the 6th century, while at that place Apostle Paul has introduced Christianity to the Greeks in 51 AC.
- Your tour ends to worlds’ most iconic monument, the Acropolis of Athens. To the sacred rock of Acropolis, being located at 150 m (490 ft) above sea level, you will admire the remains of several ancient buildings of great architectural and historic significance, such as the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Caryatids and of course the most famous of all, the Parthenon. By the fortified hill of Acropolis, weather permitted, you may have an endless view of the city and the surroundings.
- Your tour ends around 13h00.
- In-depth guided visits as per detailed itinerary
- Entrance fees to the Acropolis of Athens
- Geo Routes tour guide
- Geo Routes material
- *** excluded: personal expenses, tips, gratuities, anything not explicitly stated above
4 hours walking cultural tour
(Tour code: GR001)
- Daily on request
- Βookings close 72 hours prior to departure
- Program does not operate on 25 March, 1 May, Orthodox Easter, 28 October, Christmas & New Year periods
- Acropolis of Athens (1987)
- Acropolis Museum (main entrance)
- Acropolis of Athens
- Filopappos Hill
- Dionysus Theater
- Odeon of Herod Atticus
- Hill of Pnyx
For more details:Contact Us!