The legend of Aphaia (private sailing-trip to Aegina island)
Aegina island (17 nm or 27 km south of Athens) according to the Greek mythology derives its name from Aegina, the mother of the hero Aeacus who was born and became king of the island. In the antiquity, Aegina was great sea power and a rival of Athens, while the excavations brought a number of ornaments dated back to Mycenaean era. The Temple of Aphaia stands eastern, on a peak of 160m of the island being part of a pre-Christian, equilateral holy triangle of temples including the Parthenon of Athens and the temple of Poseidon at Sounion. This iconic trip helps you discover Aphaia, also enjoying unforgettable moments of privacy, comfort and relaxation provided by a sailing boat chartered for you and your companions.
- 07:30am meet our representative at Alimos-Kalamaki marina and be introduced to the captain, the boat and the conveniences of the vessel
- 08:30am stay comfortably aboard your boat that has been chartered exclusively for you and your friends about enjoying a fascinating journey to Aegina island (est. 2hrs sailing time)
- During the voyage, you will be invited becoming acquainted with the basics, the techniques and boat’s governance
- On arrival to Aghia Marina in Aegina island, you walk uphill to the temple of Aphaia (2km, 45 minutes) which in the antiquity was part of a pre-Christian, equilateral holy triangle of temples including the Parthenon of Athens and the temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
- You see the Temple of Aphaia, built on the remains of an earlier temple (8th BC century), being fine example of archaic architecture. The number of Late Bronze Age female figurines discovered onsite, supports the theory of human’s continuous activity as of 14th BC century (Minoan times).
- Return to the boat and set sail towards a quite bay where in absolute tranquility you will enjoy the crystal clear waters, swimming, and maybe diving to explore the beautiful underwater life.
- Light lunch on board that will be carefully prepared from your captain
- 16:00pm your journey back to Athens begins
- 18:00pm today’s unforgettable experience come to an end at Alimos-Kalamaki marina
- One day privately chartered sailing boat
- Entrance fees to the Temple of Aphaia
- Light lunch aboard the sailing boat
- Geo Routes escort
- Geo Routes material
- Liability Insurance
- *** excluded: personal expenses, tips, gratuities, anything not explicitly stated above
10 hours private cultural-sailing tour
(Tour code: GR003)
- Daily on request (April to October )
- Bookings close 30 days prior to departure
- Kalamaki-Alimos Marina
- Aphaia Temple, Aegina island
- Boat's governance tutorial
- Swimming & snorkeling in Aegina
For more details:Contact Us!