Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Geo Routes mission statement?
Geo Routes and Aegean Routes cultural exhibitions aim at making the unexplored parts of Greece known, at highlighting the country’s cultural heritage and at contributing to the development of the local society through Social Responsibility programs.
What the Geo Routes difference compared to the usual tourist programs offered for Greece?
- All Geo & Aegean Routes journeys are driven by our unequivocal mission statement
- For someone to participate into a Regular trip it is required to use his own car (or rent-a-car at extra cost); and be escorted by a Geo Routes head convoy vehicle and the Geo Routes Crew
- Geo Routes Regular journeys are for small groups of maximum 25 people in order to achieve team spirit, personal relations and experiential impact to the local societies
- Regular journeys operating during middle & low season; contributing to the economy and to the extension of the tourist season for the benefit of the local societies.
Why the journeys of Geo Routes are for experienced Voyagers?
Because Geo Voyagers are seeking for life time experiences, willing to become acquainted with ‘true differences’, meeting and communicating with locals and getting knowledge of the cultural heritage provided in Greece.
What ‘unexplored’ parts of Greece mean?
Geo Routes ‘off the beaten track’ journeys allow to immense your senses to deeply explore the true and unspoiled Greece, and see places usually disregarded by the majority of the tour-operating programs.
During a journey, do I must follow the convoy at all times?
No, you are not obliged to do so. Your Route Manager will make available any information required, the steps and the stops following next, so you can join the group again at the final destination of that specific day.
Which responsibilities are assigned to the Geo Route Manager?
He organizes the daily itinerary, the routes and the timetable, he supervises the convoy, he checks the road and weather conditions, he coordinates and instructs drivers for their safety.
Are modifications permitted to a Geo Routes Regular program?
No modifications are allowed. All Regular programs are inclusive of the services explicitly stated to each of them. Changes or modifications are permitted only to the Private, Groups and the Tailor-Made programs.
How can I get a tailor-made program?
Α Geo Routes journey can be modified to its content, the operating period, the length of the program and its services, only if:
- A party of minimum 10 participants apply for a convoy based program
- A group of minimum 30 participants apply for a coach based itinerary
What are the Geo Routes hotel-accommodation standards?
Geo Routes criteria for accommodations are as following :
- To provide limited room capacity up to 50 rooms, and be classified with 4 or 5 stars (main cities excluded)
- To have proven service experience and level of hospitality
- To not serving mass tourist business
- To be customer oriented and to implement health and safety systems
- Meals provided to be prepared with local ingredients & recipes
What is the Geo Routes Active Voyager?
During a journey, the “Active Voyager” undertakes a leading role by recording moments to remember. Among others by:
- Filming the highlights of the program
- Photographing faces, places of special interest, and flora species
- Recording needs/desires of local peoples
Conveying this material back to Geo Routes, he/she may see his/her work being exposed at: i) Geo Routes Social Media, and ii) Geo Routes Cultural Heritage Festival. Additionally the records provided for the needs of the local societies, are posted for screening and evaluation by Companies or Organizations exercising Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
Am I obliged to become an Active Voyager?
Of course not. Although we would like to see you active, it is upon your own discretion to do so.
What type of vehicle is needed for a Geo Routes journey?
A normal but well maintained car.
What is the number of Geo Routes crew members and patrol cars applying in each expedition?
Each convoy between 8 to10 cars is escorted by a Geo Route car. The Route manager and the Tour director are at the head vehicle and each next vehicle has an assistant route manager.
In which way the vehicles following the convoy communicate between each other?
With the use of walkie-talkies devices supplied by Geo Routes. The Route Managers’ instructions and guidelines must be followed and respected at all times.
Are there any specific participation terms & conditions applying?
All terms & Conditions referred to the programs are explicitly stated at Geo Routes web site ‘General terms & Conditions’
What kind of insurance is provided by Geo Routes?
Geo Routes maintain a general liability insurance and they are in line with the E.C. directive 90/314. No insurance for personal injuries, accidents, damages or property losses is provided. Our customers are encouraged to have and maintain their own personal insurance.
How can I become member of Geo Routes?
Please refer to the website tab “Members”
Members are divided in the following categories:
- Ordinary Members-Individuals (annual fee applies)
- Ordinary Members-Businesses, Institutions, Organizations (Private or Public sector), NGOs (annual fee applies)
- Volunteering Members
- Honorary Members
Rates published in this website are for private customers (2, 4, 6 paid participants) and for Groups of 30 minimum paid travelers. For different scale(s) of participation, please contact us.